Devils Den image

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome pic! We are heading down to dive March 22-24 and should hit Devils Den with some students on March 23. Right now it looks like I only have two who are interested in going so it should be a nice relaxing trip. This will be my first time to Devils Den and my first check-out dive trip out of Ohio :)
Ber :lilbunny:

chip104:
hey cool pic. How deep does devil's den go? Is it fully mapped?

I think we found 55' but not sure on that. Would have to check the log to be sure. At any rate it is 50-55'

Since most of the tunnels are barred off I doubt that it has been mapped much.

We were there with a group last Sunday. It was really crowded. You practically couldn't move without bumping into another diver. It was a cool 60 degrees outside and a cool 68 degrees in the water. I saw lots of blue lips. I think it would be a great place to go on a weekday and explore when there weren't so many people there. Make sure you bring a light. I felt like I was cave diving at times. Some of the swim throughs are fun and they have some big catfish in there.

I was there last Saturday and Sunday - had a blast. They've got some big catfish in that hole. I wasn't cold in the water at all. I didn't even bother to wear booties, gloves, or a beanie like I normally do up here. I'm used to the Northwest Florida springs that are about four degrees colder and out doors :D.

I would love to go back to the Den but they don't allow doubles (which is all I have so ... ) ... sniff ...

I guess I'll stick with Ginnie , Peacock , Manatee and of course , Paradise

Jeano Beano

P.S. Awesome pic !!! I am glad you had such a wonderful time ...

Great picture of the Den!

BTW, most all of caves in FL have been mapped or explored as far as human exploration has been allowed to transgress.. some times from the other direction to the same point of restriction. Read a lil about Sheck Exley.. that man couldn't resist anything that looked like a possible hole to somewhere with water in it!

Dang, Colin....

You look devastatingly sexy in that avatar pic!

I never knew :wink:

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom