Developing a Useful retainer clip for a stowed second stage (octopus)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks pretty good! Does the clip snap into it? How difficult is it to release the regulator?
The clip is snapped, but loosely (printed clip won't fall of the link). You have to mean it to release the reg, but it's not excessive in my opinion and should keep the printed clip from sliding on the hose. The snap link opening is liable to need adjusting to the specific snap link. If you have a printer, I'll throw the file up on here, or you can PM me an address and I'll drop a couple in an envelope to you.
Respectfully,
James

Yeah.... I still don't have it in me to get started on molds and casting. Genuininely, and with no snark, if you would like to mold and cast it just shoot me an address via pm and I can mail you a couple samples.
Respectfully,
James
No need. I'm in the midst of moving, but when I get settled in the other end and set my printer back up, I'll print a few up and pour a mold.

It's a much more trivial task to do than it seems.

Double the hose back and pass the half loop through the D ring.

I added a cross section of mountain bike tire inner tube above the d-ring (bp/w harness)to secure the hose under as well. Holds it in place throughout the duration of a weeklong live aboard.

For divers too fancy to be seen using a slice of bike tube. :)

I use the narrow high pressure tubes used in road bike wheels.
Can you post a pic of how it is set up? I have been using silicone mouthpiece holder and have had to get excess of the hose tucked in under the strap so it is not just ballooning out. I have been reading that several people use tire tube like you but can not wrap my head around how to do it best. Do you double back the hose through the tube and it keeps everything tucked in? How is the tube secured to the d-ring? Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom