Detroit Area????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool indeed! and welcome (soon) to Michigan. I second the recommendations for Sea the World and Rec Diving. I'd recommend more but those will probably be a couple of the closer shops depending on where you end up living.

Looking forward to meeting and diving with you.

Paula

Wow someone from my neck of the woods .Im also transplated here for work from Venice,Florida shops Id say sea the world Craig and James are the best. also michigan Has the best wreck diving .the water is cold!!! drysuit all the way . Ill also be attending the GLWC meet and greet this time to get a chance to dive and meet some more locals.should I call ahead to get a spot for my camper?

Sorry for the thread hijack but just to let Busdiver know ... the Regina was a Canadian flagged ship so get your mind out of the gutter and pronounce the name the right way.

Divewelder,

I can really say I'm from your neck of the woods....I'm originally from Cleveland, OH......just lived in Savannah for the last 5 yrs.

Just got back from a great day offshore. The vis was pretty crummy since those storms rolled by, only about 10' or so......but I just love diving out here regardless. The only bad thing was the Jellyfish, tons of them, and I got attacked by one right across my lips and face and around my neck....I was not a happy camper, my lips were all puffy when I got back on the boat. I'll post some pics in a few minutes.

Mahhz, If you can dive the Cooper River than you should be able to dive the St Clair River. However, you will have to reconsider what you refer to as crummy visibility! I am pretty excited when we have 10' vis in the river. Will be gad to introduce you to the river.

RiverDigger.....the cooper river only has about 3' of vis MAX if you have a decent light.....it's pretty crummy!

Anyways, I finally made it to Michigan about 2 hours ago....staying at a house in White Lake for the time being. I lugged all of my dive gear here, including my 4 HP120's......now I just need to find a place to get them filled. I will have next weekend off (I think) so maybe if something is going on I could possibly meet up and introduce myself.

wow, you are about equally distant from many major northwest detroit area dive shops. Two I've used and can recommend are

Rec Diving/Blue Chip Travel‎
32552 Woodward Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48073-0949
(248) 549-0303
recdiving.com‎

Sea the World Scuba Center Inc‎
29480 W 10 Mile Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48336-2700
(248) 478-6400
seatheworld.org‎

I can't comment on any others.

Mahhz we may have a charter planned for Saturday if you are free. Check out Great Lakes Dive Center for fills. Or any other shops. You will have no problem in the river.

Where is the charter out of? What are the diving conditions around here right now.....I'm assuming I'd need a drysuit? I need to reconfigure my gear for my drysuit since I havn't needed to use it in so long.

Depends on the depth - I'm still getting high 60's down to about 30-40', then mid 50's down to 80' or so ... after which it gets cold.

Back
Top Bottom