Determining Air2 Generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if you are able to determine what generation a Air2 is by the serial number?

It's easier to dertermine by the shape: 1st gen is squarish, 2nd gen has a rounded part where the diaphragm is, that part has some splines/ridges, 3rd gen has a smooth case, 4th gen is the same as 3rd gen with some minor cosmetics change, and finally, the current gen has a more streamlined case but is also identical otherwise,

DA Aquamaster has a more detailed post here.

If I'm not mistaken, the 3rd gens actually have red buttons. The 4th gens have gray buttons, and the next generation is actually a 4th gen with sleek looking buttons and known as the "Restyled."

Starting with the 3rd generation, they became much easier to service-and thanks to a dual adjustment, much easier to tune. Against my better judgement, I'll also disclose that the 3rd gens were the last generation to still have the metal orifice-so they are the most desirable. The Restyled requires a custom mouthpiece which makes it one of the least desirable. (unless you are selling it)

The 2nd Gen way only made with red buttons. 3rd gen had choices including red, grey, and pink.

If I'm not mistaken, the 3rd gens actually have red buttons. The 4th gens have gray buttons, and the next generation is actually a 4th gen with sleek looking buttons and known as the "Restyled."

On one of my many eBay purchases I picked-up a new in box Air-2 with grey buttons. The box said 4th generation.

Back
Top Bottom