Destin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atl_dave

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the Atlanta Area and am planning a trip to Destin Fl in July. I was down there a few weeks back and checked out to dive shops and was wondering if anyone has ever used the or has a better selection. The shops I visited were, Scuba Tech and Emarald Coast Dive shop.

Now it been about 5 years since I was on a little trip to Egypt and dove last so I am planning on taking a refresher course before I dive.

Anyway, thanks for any advise thats given.

Dave

I've always used ScubaTech and have absolutely always been happy with them.

I dove with ScubaTech Last weekend... and they were awesome! Great staff and great boat captain...Nancy!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I've always used ScubaTech and have absolutely always been happy with them.

Anna Schmitz, Lori Schmitz, and the rest of the crew at Emerald Coast are absolutely wonderful. Have dove with them a number of times, and have taken a few classes from them as well. The staff there is very knowledgeable about a plethora of diving locations and types of diving. If you go there, tell them Randy from Nashville said Hello!

Hi Dave. The 2 main shops in Destin have already been mentioned, and either is good although both are likely to be crowded on weekends. If you make any dives deeper than about 50 feet, you will very likely see a leopard toadfish, which is a pretty amazing creature to see. There are batfish as well. Keep your eyes peeled. I took this photo of a leopard toadfish when I was there last summer http://claycoleman.tripod.com/id113.htm

Clay

Thanks, but I know I can do better next time :wink:

Thanks for the information.. Really sounds like both provide a quality service, thanks for the help.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom