Destin LDS Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would some of you Destin/Fort Walton Beach locals tell me about your experience buying gear from our Local Dive Shops? You can PM me because I do not wish to bash anyone. I just want to get some advice from some of you who have bought local.

I guess I am leaning toward Scuba Tech since they have the ScubaPro BC, Knighthawk. Still not to sure which computer to go with. Can any of you give a recommendation for a wrist mounted dive computer? There are so many brands and features that for a newbie like me it is a little confusing. Have read a great many reviews but still not sure exactly what I will go with.

Appreciate any help you can give.

send SeaYoda a PM. I know he's been a customer of both the ones in Destin (Scubatech and Emerald Coast). I've bought a few small items from both of them and never had any problems. Both I think seem to sell for "list price" though. I don't know if they'll come down any on big purchases.

I've been told that Scubatech and maybe Emerald Coast has a "free air fill" special if you buy a tank from them. Tanks are at list price, but the "free fill special" offsets that price some. I think you get free fills the first year or something like 10 free fills.

Don't forget Chucks Dive World over in Niceville. His shop is kinda cluttered (or overpacked) but he's got a lot of stuff "packed" in there to choose from and he has decent prices. I think he'll give a "discount" on about anything too. My first visit there he gave me 10% or 15% off my first purchases.

Anyway... PM SeaYoda. HE'll give you the low-down.

mike_s:
send SeaYoda a PM. I know he's been a customer of both the ones in Destin (Scubatech and Emerald Coast). I've bought a few small items from both of them and never had any problems. Both I think seem to sell for "list price" though. I don't know if they'll come down any on big purchases.

I've been told that Scubatech and maybe Emerald Coast has a "free air fill" special if you buy a tank from them. Tanks are at list price, but the "free fill special" offsets that price some. I think you get free fills the first year or something like 10 free fills.

Don't forget Chucks Dive World over in Niceville. His shop is kinda cluttered (or overpacked) but he's got a lot of stuff "packed" in there to choose from and he has decent prices. I think he'll give a "discount" on about anything too. My first visit there he gave me 10% or 15% off my first purchases.

Anyway... PM SeaYoda. HE'll give you the low-down.

Thanks, I will do that.

PM received and answered :thumb:.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom