Destin Jetty Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I know the Jetty gets much talking about and I am sorry for bringing up another thread on it. The Destin Jetties!!!! I have dived here over the years since college and last time I went there after the most recent storms and the dredging I was totally lost. I am asking this since we may dive there for old times sake and this time I would like to get to the best access point. This would be the Wed or Thursday before March 31. A friend of mine wants to night dive this area. I have never night dived along the Jetty and have not consulted tide tables yet to see how that impacts a night dive. Are the Jetties dived at night routinely? What is the best shore dive access point? What are the rules/taboos along that dive site? Best parking area for vehicle etc. ?What conditions might we expect? I have dived here many times as I said but generally much more into the summer season and never at night. Thanks for any help. N

Beach entry at the base of the jetties is the norm. The site is dived at night. The recent hurricanes have dumped a ton of sand on the beach pretty much covering the rocks on the surface. SeaYoda has since dived it and says the jetties still reach out into the channel for a nice site though.

Check out SeaYoda's scoop on directions to the parking lot at the base of the ~1/4 romp through the sand to the jetties themselves.

I have some recent surface photo's of the jetties if you'd like to see what remains of them above water :wink:

Check www.saltwatertides.com for tidal info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom