Destin Jetties Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the weather and tides allow i'm up for a dive. Just would like at least one person who dove it before to orientate me to the area if possible.

Here's an overview pic of the "walk".

The first part of the walk along the condo wall is in soft sand. The wnd part you walk along hard packed sand on the waterline and it's much easier.

You dive along the jetty finger that sticks out.

destin-jetty-map.jpg

Tip to the pack mule making this trek. From the parking lot, draw a straight line to the water. Go straight as you can to the water. Float your stuff to an ingress point near the jetty and take up on the beach. Egress the reversal of ingress.

The map definitely helped me understand exactly were to go, thank you mike_s. The tides are very favorable in Febuary. I get every other weekend off and would be up for a dive at the jetties if you guys/gals are interested. I would prefer a day dive first so that I would have an idea of the dive site before a night dive. :scubadive

Check out SEA YODA's directions here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=724595&postcount=9

He's a great guide to the area if you can hook up with him. I'd say he dives there at least once or twice a week.

BTW... in that pic above that I posted, the beach access is right across from where the parallel parking starts. Right at the end of the regular beach houses and where the taller condos start. It's hard to see as it's just a sand trail between the buildings. There are a few signs but drive slow to see them. Get there early before the high tide for a parking space. Oh... There is a shower head on a wood pole at the beach access. Makes it easier to identify the start of the walkway.

hope that helps also.

-Mike

wjefferis..... Ive have every other weekend off also and would be intrested in diving there also. I live in Mandeville LA but would be willing to make the drive. Let me know if your intrested in planning something.

My dive buddy and myself should be down there at the end of March. How is the diving then and also the water temp? Even though we are used to temps being in the 48 range here in Missouri. I always see Yoda's pics and I can not wait to go down and see it myself. Should I bring my 7M?

Water temps will be in the upper 60s, possibly low 70s with as mild a winter we've been having. Diving is good here all year round, on the good days - LOL. Just dive at highslack tide and you'll probably be OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom