Destin Jetties Night Dive report 4/8/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Won't be long now until the booty socks and beanie get to stay home - rid of the farmer john down to 3mm - then 3/2mm shorty - and finally total freedom (still a bathing suit and tee shirt). Gotta love Gulf diving in the summertime :thumb:.

Not living down there I can no longer find the east entry. I was mostly just exploring, seeing what I could see.

There were a bunch of jelly fish. Yeah, I like diving in swim suit and rash guard when the temps allow it. I hate wet suits!!!!! Well, good luck guys and congrats on that night dive too. N

"heh.. what's a Christmas tree diver"

LOL, sorry about that, a diver with stuff hanging off of him like a Christmas Tree. You know, two of everything and every gadget on bunches of D rings and retractors. N

WOW! This is great info. I will be in the area in May, June, and July for work and am planning on bringing my gear. I am a newly certified OW diver (9 dives total) and have a buddy who dives living in Navarre. He has many more dives than myself, but not for a couple years. We will be looking for easy shore dives. Are any of the ones in the area our speed? My son will be comming with me in July so I would like to get some dives in before he arrives.

Thanks, T

Destin Jetties is like 30-40min from Navarre? You can dive the Navarre Beach Pier right off the beach. You can dive the Pensacola Beach Reef(30 minutes-ish now that you can't just run up the beach road which is still washed out) right off the beach(its pier rubble submerged a bit east of the new pier).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom