Destin Jetties dive report 8/11/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The vacation crowd has not gone home yet - how do I know? - try getting the worst parking spot I've ever had at the jetties. I was 5 cars from the turn-around at the end of the road. The walk wasn't too bad and there was a sea breeze coming off the water. There were the usual sun-bathers, snorkelers, and boats anchored on the beach. I got in the water and took a "short cut" around them all. I descended into the blue just after high tide. The water was a nice temperature, 86 degrees. The viz was about 30' with the now normal haze. The current was a little stiff and changed direction several times but, in general, it was still pushing in from the Gulf. It caused several "sand devils" and brought with it some new kind of sea-weed in swirls that deposited on the bottom only to be stirred up again in another swirl. The fish were out in force today - spades, butterflys, pigs, files, cows, pins, perch, sandfish, blennies, damsels. The crabs must have heard that the "crab grab" is going on this weekend, I only saw a few blues and a couple stones. There were lots of baitfish schooling in the shallows at the end of the dive. Here are some pics:

811stone.jpg

811aj.jpg

811cow.jpg

811school.jpg

811bait.jpg

And the envy begins........................:11:

:eyebrow: And the envy continues......................:mooner::mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

Nice shot of the AJs, are those small greater AJs or lesser AJs? Nice shot of the croakers mixing with the pins.

I think they are small AJs :D.
Thanks for the salute Tom :laughing:.

Awsome pics as always.

photohikedive:
wow, where was that wonderful vis???
It wasn't all pretty - here is what it looked like in one of those "sand devils":

811sanddevil.jpg

Very nice Yoda.
Thanks.
Rick :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom