Destin Jetties dive report 5/16/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got off early from work today so I checked the tides and took a chance. I made it to the water about an hour after high tide. The viz was 30' with a silty haze. Temperature at 50' was 77 degrees - amazing! The crabs are still out behaving crazy along with more fish beginning to show up. At the end of the dive I got a special treat. There were no boats or people along the beach so I scunorkled (Scuba-diving at snorkel depth) back to the exit point. The treat was that I got to listen to dolphin clicks and whistles as I made my way toward home. They were close but I could not see them no matter how hard I tried. I enjoyed hearing them talk even if they were shy. Attached are some pictures, enjoy.

Thanks SeaYoda.

We are looking forward to our trip there and am always grateful for you posts.

Doug

Nice, looks like alotta fun. I can't wait till getting back over there on the 4th/5th!

Excellent report SY. I think I am going to try to make it down that way for the 4th/5th as well to join in. I am hoping for any kind of viz! I haven't been in any saltwater since early December.

Matt

Unless somebody volunteers, the weekend of the 4th and 5th is when I'm supposed to work :( . There's still a chance that someone may want to work in my place but I won't know until about a week out.

Good luck SY, maybe we could take up a fund to try to bribe someone at work for you so you could go diving. I would chip in $20 for the cause.. :)

Matt

Thanks for the effort - Free Yoda Foundation :D.

SeaYoda,
How's it looking for the 25th of May? We are scheduled to go w/ Emerald Coast Scuba for a Destin jetty dive. I suppose we could do it cheaper by going there ourselves but another family we are with will be there snorkeling w/ their kids and our kids.

We would love to dive w/ you but then again, it would only be one dive (I think) and then we are gone. Still, its diving.

PlanoDvr1:
SeaYoda,
How's it looking for the 25th of May? ...
I just got my schedule today and I'm working on the 25th. Oh well, maybe next trip. I hope you have a great dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom