Destin Jetties dive pics 7/5/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the anemone too....umm three or is it four :D. Judging from the sky the day doesn't look very promising does it?

justleesa:
... Judging from the sky the day doesn't look very promising does it?
The good part was that it was after the dive. I thought the sky looked neat so I deleted a couple of my trash pics and snapped a few land shots before the sky let loose. I did make it to the dive shop before the lightning and thunder started.

SeaYoda:
...once you trudge from the car and accross the beach.

Your not kidding. That "trudge" was not fun, but the diving was worth it.

Thanks again, SeaYoda, for the turn-on to ScubaTech. I did a couple of their charter dives and rented tanks from them for the jetty. They were awesome.

Great pics. I haven't been able to get near that clarity.

av8er23:
Dee,

That is a great site with your pics on it. what kind of rig do you have? SeeYoda your pics look great also. what kind of rig do you have?

Thanks! The '04 photos were taken with my current rig... Oly C-5050, Inon D-180 strobe, S&S WAL, in a PT-15 housing. Photos before this year were taken with a C-4040, S&S YS90DX strobe, same S&S WAL, PT-10 housing.

av8er23:
how much money do you have in those if you dont mind me asking?

I forgot to mention the UCLS digital tray and infinity arm.

My current rig is about $1500 but keep in mind I bought most of it before prices started dropping. You can probably do much better now. and you don't have to start out with a strobe, that'll save you $500 to get started.

Don't give up yet! What's your budget?

With some diligent online shopping, you'd be surprised how little you may pay.

Alos, look at the Canon cameras. They are also very good and in most instance cheaper.

av8er23:
... SeeYoda your pics look great also. what kind of rig do you have?
Thanks, I'm still learning this U/W picture taking stuff. I've got an Oly 5050 with Oly housing. No strobe yet - may be one day? Whole rig (including 128 cf card and uv lens for above water) was bought in March for about $750.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom