Destin Jetties dive pics 7/5/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today was another last minute jump in the Gulf. After weaving my way accross the left-over tourist laden beach then squeezing between the "this is my first snorkle" tekkies, I was well rewarded with 65' viz! I worked on using "S" mode and took the exposure back to -0.3 to try and help with all this white sand. I don't think I'm quite there yet but getting closer.

Nice shots. The sand shots are always a challenge for me. How far offshore do you have to go?

Yoda, a great effort it was. Thanks for the pics. I like the anenome the most.

Gilligan:
Nice shots. The sand shots are always a challenge for me. How far offshore do you have to go?
Once I reach the Jetty on land I'm there. Entry from the beach and swim along the rocks on the north side to the point. Around the point and toward the south (going out toward the Gulf of Mexico) is the "deep spot" 55'. Attached is a pic that might give you a better feel for how easy it is to do this dive once you trudge from the car and accross the beach. The picture is looking south toward the Gulf.

What are those fish in the 3rd one? Looks like black Mollies! I like the anemone...is that blurry part your thumb? :wink:

Dee:
What are those fish in the 3rd one? Looks like black Mollies! I like the anemone...is that blurry part your thumb? :wink:
The fish are belted sandfish. They are about 2'' - 3" long so they would make pretty big mollies :D .

After all you have taught me, do you think I would put my thumb in a picture? :D
I was actually squeezing the shot between two rocks and when I cropped it I left part of the rock in so as not to cut off any vital anemone parts. Attached is the full shot.

you're coming along good seayoda! keep it up.

SeaYoda:
After all you have taught me, do you think I would put my thumb in a picture? :D

LOL....I guess I forgot to teach you that part! :11ztongue Beast has a great story of me trying to identify some sort of fuzzy growth, couldn't find it in any of the ID books. We finally figured it out and named it Deezius Digitatus....My index finger! :D

Its always nice to see some of our local spots being shown - thanks SeaYoda!

Nice pics, really like the anemone one. I snorkeled around that area last time I was in Destin, before SCUBA. SO is trying to get me to do a weekend trip to Destin, may have to take her up on it since I could do a shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom