Destin Jetties 6-5-5 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
More nice topside weather, couldn't have asked for better(maybe a bit cooler, for a bit longer :wink: ).

I met up with Trevor(SB'er from VA) this morning in time to dive the Destin Jetties at high tide. Visibility improved a bit from yesterday, so we enjoyed seeing as far as 5-15' while cruising the rocks this morning. We had a decently long dive, hitting 60' around the point of the jetties and lasting over 45min. Current wasn't a problem at all on the first dive. We enjoyed all the normal resident fish and Trevor got his fill of sand dollars.

We planned for another dive, but Trevor's tank was leaking out of the on/off knob so we had to abort. Luckily, I ran into Ninja5 as he was exiting the water. He planned to do another dive and didn't mind if I tagged along. Visibility looked a bit clearer from the surface but wasn't noticably clearer UW. We did a fairly short, very leisurely dive to 53' so Ninja could fill his bag with sand dollars and we headed back ending at 25min.

All in all, another fun day. Got to shoot over 70 more pictures to add to the 180+ pics I shot yesterday.

All the pics can be found at http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album67

Nurse Shark? :)

Nah, its a Flounder - dreaded creature they be!

... it is at a funny angle :D

Have you seen the teeth on those flounder? I never knew they had any because they were usually on the inside of my teeth :D. Thanks for the cyber-dive. Looks like I won't be in the water this weekend :( due to the storms.

They do have some rather nasty teeth, sharp too. I've had em bite me before while they were on my stringer.

SuPrBuGmAn:
They do have some rather nasty teeth, sharp too. I've had em bite me before while they were on my stringer.

I'm sure you "bit" them back, after they were battered and fried.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for a great dive, I never did get my tank fixed. I had the exact same problem with a rental a few days after mine went bad. I guess it's no big deal to fix. there are a few O rings in the on/off valve that can be replaced. I also learned how to travel a bit lighter after my first trip out to the Jetties. Thanks for meeting me out there I had a great time. You took some awesome pics.

No problem, I'm glad you were able to show up - shoot me a PM next time you plan a visit into the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom