Destin diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,

If we have 4 divers on board, it's 2 up and 2 down. If it's just me and and the wife, we "risk it".

Do a search on "unattended" or check with "Uncle Pug" to get a feel for the subject.

Best Regards!

mike_s:
Stone,

Nice boat you got in your pics!

When you dive it, do you leave a person topside to opreate your boat in case you up down current from it or do you just "risk it" and everyone on board dives?

Just curious what most people do in situations like this...

-mike

My boyfriend also has a boat and loves to have more divers on board. Just send me a PM when you are coming and we will probably be headed out if the weather permits! We too go out ~15-20 miles or so to hit the better sites. It is especially important if you are spearfishing. The sharks near the shore know that diver's with spears = food. They have been known to force you to drop your stringer. Many of the wrecks have been shifted due to Hurricane Ivan, so we are still in the process of updating our GPS coordinates. Makes for a fun time! It is cool to see the difference that Ivan made at 100ft plus! The Seabarb (an old paddlewheel boat) had the entire wheelhouse torn off.

Anyway, give me a hollar and see if we are headed for some down... down... down... time!

Hey all...thanks for the responses. Once I get a bit more detail on the trip, I may take some of you up on your offers!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom