Destin & Daytona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 2 trips planned this summer for some diving. Can anyone recommend a good charter for either of these places? From Daytona, I do plan on making the trip to Ginnie, just because I have heard so much about it.

i myself am not a diver.(i'm the wife of mtack) but he and a friend went diving at ginnie springs and loved it. the pictures looked great too. we are planning on going to destin in september and it has somehow become my job to discover the best scuba charters in the area. any suggestions?

Trey SCUBATECH and Emerald Coast SCUBA- both are in Destin. Also, Panama City is close by- and Hydrospace in PC is good too.

i've read up on scubatech and emerald coast a little. have you heard of sanddollar charters? any good? i'm looking for a charter but not one that carries a million divers at once.

I don't know Sanddollar (I'm out of Pensacola, so somewhat local). I know Emerald Coast has a smaller boat (6 pack I beleive) that they will run for small groups. Thier larer boat is usually aroun 12 divers (too many for my taste as well :)- but they do run a good charter).

I went with ScubaTech in the middle of July last year and they were great! Good history, long bottom times, switched out the tanks for ya, extremely friendly, and I only had 8 people on my boat all 3 days I went diving with them. I highly recommend.

chickdiver:
Trey SCUBATECH and Emerald Coast SCUBA- both are in Destin. Also, Panama City is close by- and Hydrospace in PC is good too.
Emerald Coast doesn'trun the "underpressure" any more. That was the 6 pack boat.. Destin Has only 2, 6 pack boats and 2 cattle boats.. 6 pack boats have a hard time making ends meet, and if they charged more for the comfort of diving with less people then the divers would not book with them or complain alot.

mtack:
i've read up on scubatech and emerald coast a little. have you heard of sanddollar charters? any good? i'm looking for a charter but not one that carries a million divers at once.

I dove with ScubaTech in the middle of July, and there were only 5 divers on board all three days I dove.

I did wind up diving with Scubatech, and they run a good outfit there. I also did a few dives with Sanddollar. That guy went out of his way to make sure I had a great diving experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom