Desperately seeking O'Neill dealer/supplier/distributor!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cxg31s

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've about given up hope and may have to go for a custom wetsuit, but I thought I'd issue a plea first. O'Neill has apparently decided to decrease their product line for scuba wetsuits for women. So now we have a choice of a 7mm drysuit or wetsuit, a 3mm fullsuit or a 3/2 fullsuit. Period.

My problem is this: I am too tall and lanky for the average women's wetsuit. I guess most manufacturers think women are all still 5'5" and curvy. When I got certified, I searched high and low and finally found a 2-pc. 3mm wetsuit by O'Neill in an 8T. It fit me like a glove, like it was made for me. I also have an O'Neill 1mm wetsuit in an 8T. However, my 2-pc is now worn out and they no longer offer it in their product line.

So now the only suit by O'Neill that comes in an 8T is the 3mm fullsuit, which just isn't thick enough. While I tend to dive mostly tropical destinations, I freeze in 82-degree water and need more exposure protection than most people.

Before anyone suggests it, I have already tried the Bare suits in 8T and 10T--the 8T is too tight and the arms too short, and the 10T is HUGE! And the Henderson Hyperstretch doesn't fit me at all--it's too short in the torso and the arms and legs are too short. I don't know of any other manufacturers who make suits for taller women.

So I'm hoping someone out there can help me--does anyone know an O'Neill rep who could offer some advice, or know of any dive shops who still sell O'Neill? Maybe a dive shop, warehouse, outlet supplier, etc has an 8T in a 5mm or a 7mm lying around? Although I can appreciate the fact that O'Neill has to streamline their product line, I am very sad that the ONLY wetsuit that fits me is no longer offered in my size. I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter--thank you! :)

Angie

hi,
im sorry to hear about your problem, I cant help you either...however, i have a suggestion for you...
when you find a perfect suit, you should buy 2 of them. I dont really know how practicle this is, but in an ideal world...

I have an oneill 3000X and love it so far. although i am a new diver and my opinion does not amount to a pile of beans:D

goodluck!
-bob

You might check and see if you can locate a Tilos dealer nearby to try on. I am nearly 6'4" and always have trouble. I found two that worked well. An Akona 3mm Farmer John and a Tilos 3/2 jumpsuit. The Tilos is actually too long in the legs and sleeves and the torso is extra long. I don't know if the women's are cut the same but it would be worth trying if you can locate a dealer nearby. They make a 5/4mm and a 7/6/5mm in superstretch.

I need to replace my 7mm and 3mm Farmer John due to weight loss and dread the process. Good luck...

Thank you for your responses and suggestions! I will definitely look into Tilos--I've seen them before but didn't know much about them. And Bob, you're absolutely right--next time I find a suit that fits, I'm getting several!

As a side note, if there are any reps from dive gear manufacturers, you need to tell the product development people that there is a definite need for TALL wetsuits. We all can't fit into the same wetsuits, no matter how stretchy the material is!

Thanks again! :)

I can't speak for your area, I'm more familiar with SoCal, but a custom wetsuit can be had out here for just a little more than an off the shelf model. Check with your LDS or better yet on here for a custom suit manufacturer in your area. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom