Desperate search for DC1200 housing o ring!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trista Anne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I left this too long so now I'm on a desperate hunt for a DC1200 housing o ring for my trip to Southern Florida on Friday. I've called about 10 shops down there with no luck so far. LDS was supposed to be ordering me one a month ago but I guess I didn't stay on their case about it enough because they don't have it for me. I've had the camera about 5 years but it hasn't been wet in 4 years so I'm not going to dive it without a new o ring. My sister in law flies in to Miami tomorrow morning and is willing to go anywhere between there and Pompano Beach for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

---------- Post added December 29th, 2015 at 10:46 PM ----------

I've done some more reading since posting my question and now I have another question. The o-ring looks great. It has some fuzz that I will remove before using of course, but it's still nice and pliable, I stored for the last 4 years with the housing open, so no decompression or squishing of the o-ring. But it's *so* hard to think about risking a $200 inner camera for what will cost me about $45 in the part and overnight shipping...

I'd be surprised if any shops stock them. Order only.

I think that SL suggests changing the o-ring annually, but I don't think many do. I have never replace an o-ring on my DC-100, DC-310, DC-500, or my DC-1200.

Make sure it's clean. My home bud did flood my DC-310 when he didn't check that. You could add a little silicone grease, but that is not their recommendation.

have a good trip

Bought my DC1200 Jan. 2011 and have used same o-ring since, and I have stored mine with the housing open and closed in between dives. If you don't see any depressions in the ring, I think you will be good.

Disclaimer: Just my thought and not a 100% guarantee about not leaking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom