desparate need for AA B2 swivel service kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
ryan kenney: I hope u can help me: I am in a serious time crunch: I had our (2) AA B2's serviced 4 months ago ( just standard 1st and 2nd stage service kits); once serviced, i picked up the regs and put them in their reg cases in the closet; today, I hooked each up to a tank to check for leaks; my wife's reg is fine; mine, however, is all good EXCEPT for the swivel/ball adjacent to the second stage: which has a HUGE leak; I meant to test them last week in case something like this happened but couldn't get around to it; this also tells me that my local shop (nice folks) didn't hook it up to a tank after the service to run their own test (not happy about that); I AM LEAVING FOR BONAIRE ON FRIDAY 10/30 AND NEED THIS TO BE FIXED; unfortunately, it took my local shop about 4 weeks to order and receive the service kits, and perform to the work-obviously I don't have that kind of time; I have your phone number: can we talk and either get the name of area shops that may have these service kits on hand OR get the necessary service kit overnighted to my shop so they can fix the swivel/ball joint? I am hoping that when I talk to my shop tomorrow and explain the situation that they will fix it ASAP once they have the kit (since they should have detected the leak before returning the regs to me); seems to be my only shot; I haven't talked to them to see if they accidentally have the necessary parts but given the original service scenario, I doubt it; the number I have for you is: 714-656-2911; thanks; feel free to PM me

If you are not able to have the work completed prior to your trip, you could always elect to have a standard LP hose installed if a jam nut is available. With my own Atomic regs, I carry a jam nut that can be used in such situations. I have a T2X, B2, and Z3. The swivel is great, but not mandatory.

Greg Barlow

Hi YamlThanks for the post! That is my number and feel free to give me a call. Sorry, for the issue with your regulator and the swivel hose. Just so you are educated, our second stage service kit that was used to repair the regulator contains the swivel hose service kit and should have been used during the overhaul. I am very happy to work with you and get you what is needed. Where are you located? Please PM me or give me a call at your convenience to discuss. We cannot ship service kits directly to consumers but happy to send one to a shop nearby to complete the service...But, I feel they should have the pieces.Kind Regards,Ryan KenneyAtomic Aquatics/Huish Outdoors

If you get all hung up, Scubatoys could probably get you a replacement shipped overnight with arrival Weds at the latest. Call them now and maybe they can still get it out tonight or tomorrow. Call them anyway instead of placing the order online - it's not unheard of for their CSR to walk out into the store and pickup the part to be shipped. Atomic Comfort Swivel discounts on sale Atomic

Be worth $100 to me to dive my reg.

I've gotta believe someone in Florida probably has one in stock also. phpDealerLocator

Back
Top Bottom