Desiccant packs for camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is there a shop close to cozumel palace resort where I can buy a few Desicant packs for my underwater camera?

Camera body fogging up a little and forgot my spares.

You can dry them in an oven or microwave. If using microwave you need you need to open one to see color change. Google how.

Hey Jeff! Fancy meeting you here. Depending on the size housing you use, small tampons work well too. Yep, really. I used those for years with my Oly 5050. Remove part of the wrapper, but leave the plastic wrapping on both tips if you can.

Roger

Buy some pills at the store and pull the packs out of those?

Leave the camera & open housing in an air-conditioned room overnight before assembly.

Never take your bare camera from an A/C room outside into humid air unless the camera is waterproof. If you must, put the camera in a plastic bag before removing it from the room and let it come to outside temperature before removing it from the bag.

Like Sushi Boy mentioned above, tampons or sanitary pads can be cut up to put inside the housing.

A lot of the shoes I buy have them in the box. Might be worth a visit to a shoe store. They must throw them out when putting shoes out as samples.

I usually take my go pro at night and wrap it in a towel so it doesnt get too cold at night if it is out of its housing, can also wrap in towel and put in closet or small space where air isnt circulating etc to keep it from getting as cold at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom