Depth compensating buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was recently given an Apollo depth compensating buckle which I believe was designed to be used with a weight belt, seems like a good idea to me as I have noticed when wearing a 7mm that I am often adjusting my weightbelt. I was wondering if I could use it with a harness replacing the standard buckle or is there some reason I cant thhink of that this should be avoided. Thanks in advance.

No reason you couldn't. I've seen them used on a harness before.

I picked one of these up after reading this post - but how do you attach it? It doesn't seem to go on like ordinary buckles.

I picked one of these up after reading this post - but how do you attach it? It doesn't seem to go on like ordinary buckles.

Thread one end of the webbing up through the serrated slot over the top and down through the none serrated part. I used a belt stay/weight keeper so the end wasnt flapping in the breeze, seems to hold ok.

Check what MR Apollos says...Good luck:)

I've used a Tekna compensating buckle before on a harness with no problems but found it more useful as a weight belt buckle for which it was designed for. Some manufacturers will tell you not to use them for this application as maybe they feel that they may not hold up for harness loads but I don't see it as a problem. My Tekna buckle worked fine.

Do really need a tight, slip free harness waist-strap?? Mine always has a couple inches of slop in it, no big deal.

Do really need a tight, slip free harness waist-strap?? Mine always has a couple inches of slop in it, no big deal.

If thats the way they like it, then yeah.. a tight, slip free harness is what they need. :lotsalove:

I want my Hog harness to be different from -- and cooler than -- everyone else's.

Then you'll want to get your backplate powered coated and use colored webbing to go with that fancy buckle. May I suggest pink and baby blue :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom