Denver DS recommend. for Rescue Cert. Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghosty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to pursue my PADI Rescue Cert. next. My LDS's of choice are usually A-1 in Littleton and One World in Englewood. I haven't shopped around yet, but see it's only $200 at A-1, plus the $50 course book. Way cheaper than the prices I've seen in Florida and Coz. $375 at Rainbow Reef in Key Largo, ouch. $400 at some Coz shops.

Anyone have good/bad experiences they'd like to share? Or are they all relatively the same? You can either post here, or PM me if you don't want to name a shop publicly.

Where are you folks doing your CPR training? Looks like they all run from $69 to $84 locally. Thanks in advance!

I recommend pairing your Rescue Course with the DAN DEMP certification. This leaves you much more prepared to manage the scene of an accident then the Rescue alone. I pan to keep my DEMP cert up to date even though my company pays for annual first aid and CPR training.

As for where to take it, the instructor is the most important factor. I have no recommendations, but enjoyed my class with Louise at A1 and thought she was fairly thorough.

Thanks @jvogt , I'll read up on the DAN DEMP and consider it. I see Holly from A1 at the Aquarium every Sunday, I'm going to ask her advice too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom