Dennis the Menace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
Alright Conch Divers, Dennis has landed. Let us know if ya'll are alright. Give us some updates on your area of the world.

Just a lot of rain and a few limbs down, and brief power outages, in Tallahassee. But coastal areas 30 miles south of here sustained a lot of damage do to the storm surge. The town of St. Marks, and Carabelle, and parts of Panacea and Shell Point, all had flooding. And the coastal Hwy. 98 was washed out in numerous places.

South end of Tampa Bay OK. Water a couple of feet higher than normal, but not over the seawall. Lost a couple of branches off a tree, but mostly dead.

Heard the Vinoy Park Basin in St. Pete lost some docks.

Hope they fix 98 soon. Love that drive!

Rich

I'm back home! The damage here looks like mostly small stuff. The beach took a pounding - lots of erosion. Old 98 in Destin and Holiday Island are closed so I don't know how bad they are. After I process some pictures I'll post them.

I tucked tail and ran to Tuscaloosa, we had 30mph wind and rain there and lost cable TV/internet, but kept power.

Back at home now. Apparently, our area never lost power(~20-30 miles north of Gulf Shores). We kept all our trees too.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom