Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI all :)
PHD .. this is for you ...
I'm interested in all kinds of things, and have known about real turbine engined RC jets for some time (just do a search , very cool videos)
But this just blows me away .. they now have them in helicopters ...
R/C Mi-24 Hind Helicopter Turbine Powered - Video .. make sure you turn the volum up on the video player .. its off
Very nice. Very very nice.

HI all :)
PHD .. this is for you ...
I'm interested in all kinds of things, and have known about real turbine engined RC jets for some time (just do a search , very cool videos)
But this just blows me away .. they now have them in helicopters ...
R/C Mi-24 Hind Helicopter Turbine Powered - Video .. make sure you turn the volum up on the video player .. its off

You think that "blows you away". You should see how big the real MI 24's are. FREAKIN' HUGE.

Watching one land, it's got a lot of rotor wash....

It's a big freaking bird... like 20,000 pounds.

That guys rock steady, looks very real .. wonder if any giros are involved

At least one, they all use a tail gyro.

As large and heavy as that one is, the steady scale flying is "easy"

Now, when they move up to Aerial Photography and Video, they max those helicopters out with gyros.

That thing will set in one place, without any input. And when it comes to helicopters, that's saying something.

You think that "blows you away". You should see how big the real MI 24's are. FREAKIN' HUGE.

Watching one land, it's got a lot of rotor wash....

It's a big freaking bird... like 20,000 pounds.

While I have not yet seen one of them in person, some other Russian helicopters have been in the area recently.

One looked like it had been bought by a civilian just been brought over, with no restoration to it yet.

The other one was a little further off, but from what I could tell, was in MUCH better condition.

Maybe they sold a few off recently somewhere.

Now his shorts on the other hand....

I will not disgust the others by posting a picture of you in MDB's "boy toy" shorts.... but will say that it 'makes you one to talk'. :rofl3:

While I have not yet seen one of them in person, some other Russian helicopters have been in the area recently.

One looked like it had been bought by a civilian just been brought over, with no restoration to it yet.

The other one was a little further off, but from what I could tell, was in MUCH better condition.

Maybe they sold a few off recently somewhere.

SpecOps (6th SOS) operates the Mi-17 and a few other Russian helicopters out of Hurlburt near you.

They routinely fly them in the area.

I noticed there's been much more participation at least.

Odd, isn't it? She goes away, everyone else returns?

Coincidence, I am sure....

:D

So, MDB and I are heading up to Cloudland Canyon, Brasstown Bald, and any other place that catches our eye along the way this weekend.

I hope we get at least a couple hours of nice weather...

Back
Top Bottom