Denise's Adventures in Wonderland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It began with a jump down a "Rabbit hole" into a magical mystical wonderful playground. We made our way through a beautiful maze of splendid sparkling gems of rocks, slid down a "Monkey hole" and found our way to a beautiful little sink hole owned by "Martz". After a brief visit we made our way to the door of "Godzilla" but, alas, our time ran short and we had to make our way back hoping to find him another day. Our exploration continued with a ride down a "Little River" which was glazed with exquisite shining silky rocks that we glided along until we found our way to a "Merry Go Round". We cheated and went through the "Short Cut" in the middle and oh what a find!! A beautiful hidden passage only about 6ft wide carved from the rock. As we glided through the passage I became spider woman jumping from rock to rock as we made our way through the twisting tunnel. We rode the "Serpentine" slide down and made our way back to the entrance of the little river. Our grand tour would be one of fascination and wonder as we planned to make a mile long trek starting at a beautiful "Orange Grove" glistening with crystal waters and a beckoning entrance. 1800ft later we emerged into "Challenge" which accepted our success and greeted us accordingly. After our visit ended, we made our way back to the traverse to go another 1400ft to "Olsen". Olsen was kind but my equipment was not. My regulator malfunctioned just shy of the last 1400ft of the "Mile Traverse". What was a damsel in distress to do? She climbed out of the hole and made her way down the winding wooden path to find a 6'7" Prince to rescue her and her equipment. He climbed down the terrain, picked her equipment up (doubled LP95's) and carried it on his back up the slippery sliding slope of Olsen. It is always good to have a knight around when you need one. :wink: But all was not lost. On a previous adventure the final traverse that would lead from Olsen to the entrance of "Peacock" had already been explored so the "Grand Traverse" had been traveled, just not in one dive. Unfortunately, I had to climb back out of the "Rabbit hole" and back to reality, or as much as can be found in my mind.:wink: And thus ended the adventure to "Full Cave" for denisegg.

"Italicized are names of Springs, Karsts, Passages and Circuits explored"

Last edited:
I passed my "Full Cave" certification last week!! :D I took Cavern/Intro one year ago and practiced in between before going on to full cave.

The Journey has just begun!!

Congratulations Denise!

Very entertaining report too!

Thank you CD!!!

Your mentoring help make the "jump/gap" from fantasy to reality come true.

:rofl3:

There will always be a degree of fantasy in your reality! :wink:

Congratulations, Denise!!!!!!! Great report!!!

:hugs: So damn proud of you!! I'd like to start down the intro cave route next year so you are definitely my new hero!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom