den laman studio for 2 in may advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got an email from them saying they wanted an extra $25 a night for a rollaway torture rack. Would love to hear about that room that had the single in radu

It was 2H - Rough Scad. But call or email Den Laman just to be sure. It may be that they move a single bed in/out of units as needed. We didn't request, but it was definitely a great setup area for all our camera equipment.

FYI - small world. My brother owns Big Apple Herpetological!

got an email from them saying they wanted an extra $25 a night for a rollaway torture rack. Would love to hear about that room that had the single in radu

I've stayed in two different studios at DL. Both were on the second floor at the back. The balconies are directly above the back entrances to the building. The view was of the parking lot. The balconies are very narrow with just enough room to sit in a chair. If you are thinkiing of having a relaxing coffee/beer on the balcony, the studio is not for you. The rooms on the front of the building are a completely different story.

We had to specifically request the extra bed in the studio. While things may have changed, the one they provided was an actual single bed, not a rollaway. My understanding is that there is only one extra bed that they move around as needed. The extra bed was not any better or worse than any other bed I have slept on in Bonaire.

If your dive buddy is a "loud" sleeper, bring earplugs or consider a 2-bedroom unit.

The studio is fine for 2 divers, but might be a bit crowded for 3.

If you have not already done so, you may want to read some of the threads on the dive shop hours and "rules" on bringing gear up to the room. Don't take this as a negative, just an FYI.

Radu---Steven is your brother? Small world--I talk to him alot-good people!!

They wanted an extra $25 a night at denlaman for a rollaway and for less money we got a place at the golden reef with 2 beds. The people seemed really nice so we went with then. I want to try den laman but will wait for the wife to go. End of august my whole family is renting a giant house up in sabadeco.

Wherever you end up, enjoy the iguanas. J loves feeding critters, even when there are signs posted against it (many resorts, not necessarily including those of Bonaire, prohibit feeding birds from the breakfast table to understandably keep them from becoming nuisances). At a couple places in Bonaire, however, she's actually been given lettuce from the kitchen to feed to the iguanas - that, and the ability to feed leftovers to the cats that roam certain resorts, really endeared her to Bonaire. (Of course they only give her lettuce to fatten up the iguanas that they know will end up in someone's stew, but I didn't tell her that :D)

Siegel - Yes, Steven is my brother. And yes, even his brother thinks he is "great" people. As you know, he's quite knowledgeable in the reptile field. Didn't transfer over to me - I'd prefer a nice big 6 foot green moray! (actually saw 2 in Bonaire - 1 at Salt Pier on 2 dives and another on the N Side at Washington Slagbaai).

Have a great trip. Can't wait for my next....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom