dema miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anthony12

Reaction score
Well had a fantastic day at dema. Topaz looks great, meg kind of interesting and the evolution way cool.

I got a full run through of the new handset and my mouth is watering. One wrist mounted handset, co2 thermal sensor, trimix deco integrated...clean and small. Inspiration retrofit also coming. Expected release as per apv in march....i cant wait. That will really clean up the rigging!

Looked over the topaz as well, its definately on my christmas wish list.

I'll fly in tomorrow with a camera, idiot fish. :)

I wish I was going! :( :(

But I have a 98,000 ton wreck waiting for me :)

Caveseeker if you get the chance to speak to extendair people I would love to know about the status of their inspiration version.

Another main point of interest to me is the new handsets like upgrade price and availability.

...and the Nato pod for the MK48 supermask......I could go on and on!!

Have a good trip and take plenty of pics!!

Cheers
I-Fish

Extend air has no info on the inspiration pack.

Don Townsend at millennium divers will be selling the M-48 rb pod, looks like he will be a distributer. (millenniumdivers.com)

Have a ton of picks. Will post as soon as i get developed.

to change the handset you will need a new stack, scrubber, lid, ect. Should be available in march(production begins in january). The price estimated to me was around $3000.00

idiot fish once bubbled...
I wish I was going! :( :(
But I have a 98,000 ton wreck waiting for me :)
At least you won't be running around with a "I Rather Be Diving" t-shirt for days. I'm sure most people in the booths would love to trade with you. :wink:

APD/SDS are on the list, as is Microprene and anybody with a NATO pod. From what I understand, though, the current version isn't OC-integrated. We'll see.

anthony12 once bubbled...
handset - a new stack, scrubber, lid, ect. Should be available in march(production begins in january). The price estimated to me was around $3000.00
Will that be optional? Standard? 3 Grand more for a new Inspiration after March?

I need to check that out. :rolleyes:

not sure on the cost of new inspiration. To buy the scrubber/electronics only should be about $3,000.00 (if you upgrade old with new). You could probably still sell the old head and come out ok though.

My Wife and I went together on Thursday and I went again today by myself. It was the first time either of us had been to DEMA and we had a great time. Met lots of great folks, ran into some old friends I haden't seen in years and generally had lots of fun. I posted tons of pics on my DIY site if anyone is interested in taking a look.

DEMA 2003

Scott

When is someone going to post a photo of the new handsets?

Got'em all. Over a hundred pics, Ambient Pressure, Innerspace, Steam Machines, Jetsam, OMG ... everything but the Frog. Somehow I didn't get around to this one.

I'll send most of them to Janwillem, who already said he wants to put them up at his website. Don't know if he can take it all by e-mail, give it a couple of days and check http://www.therebreathersite.nl/updates.htm

I had a great time. More later. I need a break. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom