DEMA FINDS: Neptune Memorial Reef - Artificial Reef/Memorial Garden (cemetery)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great, not a lot of growth yet but there's a lot of life. I'll post the pics soon. We I first got on the reef, I ran into a 4-5 foot southern stingray with her baby. One diver reported seeing 2 spotted eagle rays. 2nd dive was N. Flamingo reef which was great as well. On the way into the marina we spotted a manatee.

Hey Sandy Dragon...
Sorry I didn't answer you before...but...I have been very busy. We have been training for our Triathlons Races...
We have not been at the Neptune Memorial Reef yet...the weather has not helped for a good dive...but...we will be there very soon...and...Thanks you for ask me...

You know... I think we need a ScubaBoard expedition to go DIVE this reef. The pictures in the video are so surreal. It's a must do for me at some point!

Hey NetDoc,

I would really enjoy the opportunity to meet you and the Scuba Board expedition at the site. I have some very cool graphics to show what the next phases will look like, the size of the completed reef in comparison to what is already there and some "behind the scenes" trivia.

Cheers!
Jim

Haven't been to the site yet, but did buy the location for my final dive. Now I'll have to dive the sight just to see where I'll be located. This is an absolutely great idea, and the video and pics look breathtaking.

We are planning to go to the Neptune Memorial Reef tomorrow...First time...and...We are wondering how many bouys are in this area???

I'm sorry to respond late, I was away this weekend. I hope you enjoyed your dive!
For others who haven't been to the site yet: There are currently 3 mooring buoys (3 more on order). NMR 1 is the closest and is just North of the site. It is a good idea to locate the site before you moor or anchor so you know which way to head, you can see the shadow of the site with polorized sunglasses (I had a float to mark the site but it lasted about a week, I'll try again on Tuesday).
Many divers have used thier dive trying to find the site underwater. I recommend you dive on the surface until you see the site then decend. The completed project will cover 16 acres and these first buoys were installed to serve the first AND future phases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom