Delta has now canceled my flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you purchase your flights from Delta or from some intermediary travel service?

I had a trip to Bonaire scheduled for April 3-17, gracefully cancelled with full credit by all vendors. I am not going to schedule our return trip until I have a very good idea of what is happening. Middle of May is pretty aggressive.

Delta isn't going out of business anytime soon.

That's a bold statement to make unless you know details of the coming government bailout. Every airline is screwed at this point.

That's a bold statement to make unless you know details of the coming government bailout. Every airline is screwed at this point.

If this is the zombie apocalypse, you might be right. Otherwise I don't think it's that bold to say that one of the three US majors if going to be around when things get back to normal...whatever the new normal turns out to be. Like I said it's uncharted waters. If society as we know it completely fails then the loss of an airline ticket will be small potatoes. I'm not ready to go there yet. That said I'm not against refunds. :) All IMHO.

It's not society falling apart, it's society not traveling. All I'm saying is take the refund if you can get it.

Direct from delta. Used a Amex.
Hey Wildbill9, my suggestion on going for a refund on the air is primarily based on the fact that it will actually give you more flexibility on rebooking the flight. What I mean by this is if you simply reschedule the flight with the waiver fee you are limited in time to fly to 1 year from when you originally booked so unless you recently booked your original flight you get a shorter time period to use the rebooked flight than you otherwise would if you get a refund and then book new when you are ready. Under the current COVID19 waiver policy, you will still be able to rebook once on a new booking and will have 1 year from that new booking date to do so.

I had a flight scheduled yesterday to Switzerland. I booked the tickets back in October. If I simply chose the rebooking option I would have to take the new flight by October. By getting a refund and using the new COVID19 new booking policy, I can book my new ticket now and will have a one year period from now in which I can reschedule for no fee and take the flight.

It is also better to have the refund rather than a credit for reasons others have already stated.

This advice applies to flights only. As to your resort and dive reservations, refunds not likely on option, at least at this point.

Thanks and agree. Delta has to refund when they cancel.

TK...

Hate to rain on your parade...but the airline industry has just announced that they are under NO obligation to refund ticket/travel packages during the COVID-19 crisis...

If you've got travel package funds hanging out in the breeze...sorry for your luck...

If you are somehow fortunate and do receive a full or even a partial refund...don't even think about re-transferring it to anything else right now...you're gambling not planning a travel destination...and the odds are not in your favor...

If you've got money to burn...PM me and I'll give you my PAYPAL address...

W.M...

Maybe. All I know is I requested a refund from Delta due to their canceling the flight. The first person said no but that was bc the flight technically was still listed as a go even though the US and CH travel bans were in place and covered the date of my departure. When pressed, the person spoke with a supervisor and I was given a full refund. Received it back to my card in less than a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom