Delta 28s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
None of the people on the boating equipment forum know anything about this, so I thought I would post it here.

I would like to buy a small dive boat.

The delta 28 seems to popup a lot. Does anyone know if the cabin versions of this boat are really large enough for use as a six-pack with 2 crew?

Any particular positives and negatives to these boats?

Thanks.

They are setup nice and functional, I think it can work good with 8 people on board.

Drawback is the price tag

Delta builds a superior dive boat, very sturdy and made to order for the client. The 28 would be more than adequate as a six pack boat with two crew members. I'm willing to bet that they may be somewhat negotiable on price, certainly on options, with the slump in the boat business.

I have never been on one personally, but I looked at some info online. They look like they would make a good 6 pack. I think 30' plus or minus a couple of feet is perfect size. Bigger is nice, but then it is hard to make a profit, smaller is just too crowed for 6 and gear for anything more that a quick trip to the reef.

Tortuga is 31' x 12' and I often take 6 divers and a mate with gear. I lose a couple of knots, and it can get crowded. I like it when my customers are willing to "pay up" and keep it to 4 divers, Captain and mate. That is the sweet spot for Tortuga.

Qualify all that with the knowledge that we are running 30-40 miles out in the "Graveyard of the Atlantic", so we almost always have at least 2-3 ft of sea, sometimes much, much more rarely ever is it less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom