Deleting Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can delete one of my posts? I read in the FAQ that it can be done but not exactly how. What are the steps.
Thanks,
Chuck

to delete a post you mite have to contact a Modarator. but if you dont like what you put in a post or realized later you made a spelling error ( It happens to me all the time) you can edit it within 120 min after your post. I hope this helps you.
Happy Holidays!

Mike

I don't see any such option on the new system....??

Like GotAir said, PM a moderator - whom you can find in bold print at the bottom of the Home page showing who is online.

I recently posted something in the wrong forum, and at that time could not get it to delete, so - like GotAir suggested, I edited everything out, then requested moderator help is finishing it off.

Hope this helps...

don

I think you both are correct. I haven't found a way to do it even though the FAQ says there is. I quess the FAQs need to be updated.
Thanks for the help guys.
Chuck

You'll have to either PM a moderator, or use the report this post to a moderator, which is the exclamation post at the bottom below your name. If you do PM a moderator, it's best to provide a link to the thread and/or the post in question. If you click on the number in the top right corner of a post, you will go to a page that will be an individual page for the specific post, and thus make it easiest to locate the post in question. Reporting the post doesn't go to everyone, but it at least provides links to the post and the thread in question.

Jeff,
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to save it for future reference.
Take care,
Chuck

Spectre:
You'll have to either PM a moderator, or use the report this post to a moderator, which is the exclamation post at the bottom below your name.

Thought of that, but there's no ! button on the user's own posts.

don

Below is the FAQ on Editing/Deleting posts:

"If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the board.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread."

(Sorry about the "quote"..haven't figured out how to just provide the link yet).
Apprently the delete function has been disabled. Probably because ,as stated above, the deletion of the first post could result in the deletion of the whole thread. I can see where that would cause problems if the thread contains plans for get-togethers, directions and continuing discussions. Perhaps that function was a Pandora's Box.

Chuck

When we upgraded I did not notice the FAQ regarding post deletion... it has since been removed to stop any confussion. In the future you will need to contact a moderator as Spectre explained if you want a post removed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom