Delayed Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BilgeRat57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got my C-card last year and due to family events and occurences, could not go out but a couple of times. So I started to hang out with the Dive Instructor of the School I learned at and just offered to tag along so I can log dives and improve my buoyancy.
I had been going out every Sunday and Monday and some Saturdays just to tag along with the classes. I noticed my bouyancy skills were still a mystery to me with the help of my OW crewbook. So I joined here at the end of April just to sponge off of all you experienced frogs and thanks to all of you, the big mystery of buoyancy is now childs play to me. I can hover in rough water 6inches, a foot, whatever I want, any position I want, sideways upside down and really do enjoy myself. And because of you all, I can wear from 3mm to 7mm or my fav for diving, the Rip Curl 4-5-6 shoulder entry surf suit that feels great from 20 to 70+ ft.depth (I have a real high tolerance to cold and have worn 4 mm longjohn with a 2.2mm long sleeve surf shirt in 54degrees of water and had lotsa fun in Laguna Beach) and adjust the weights according to what type tank I wear and have also improved greatly in the department of air usage. Of course, I help the Instructor out with toting tanks back and forth for the students, cleaning equipment swimming along them for support, but he is first and foremost their instructor so I dont get directly involved with the students, but do help with the more mundane tasks (wetsuit cleaning) which I dont mind and I help for free. So all you new divers, swallow your pride, work on your buoyancy as a tag along and use the guys on this board for the hard stuff. Keep yourself in shape (I combat swim 40 laps in an olympic sized pool for an hour and 15 mins. 3 days a week) this really helps with air consumption. This place is the grandest library for diver information and self improvement. Thanks guys!!!!!!! From Southern California.

Sounds like your doing great!

Keep up the outstanding work that you've
been doing.

Also, keep learning. And enjoy your dives!

Best of luck.

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Great story....hey, please feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here:

SoCal - ScubaBoard

Hope to see you in the water someday soon.

Dave, I also like the quotation that ends your messges. You are so right. This place and other boards are for learning and having fun the safe way. Rotten opinions are like rocking chairs, you get nowhere in a hurry. Thanks again brother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom