Del Ray Wreck - Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr24

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to check out the Inchulva, was curious if anyone here has been to it, and is it worth doing as a beach dive?

How far from shore is it?

It's not too far from shore but there's really nothing to see. Where do you live? I'm in S. Broward and I would not waste the gas to dive it. If you are a strong diver, you may try beach diving the Copenhagen in N. Broward instead. It's do-able if you are pretty fit, VERY do-able with a kayak.

I dove the DelRay Wreck in about 1983 and there was practically nothing there then. If my memory serves me correctly a small boiler like structure and some ribs. I do recall seeing a juvenile octopus there (first one I had seen at that point).

There are several "wreck sites" up in this area but it is mostly a dive of ballast stones, still fun to think of the history though.

There are two partially buried cylinders, one on it's side, the other upright. There's lots of cool growth on them and if you're not doing anything else and you're in the area, it's worth a swim. If the wreck isn't marked, don't bother, it's pretty hard to find.

Eric and Walter are absolutely right. If you happen to be in the area, maybe it is a fun swim out to burn a few calories and see a little something sticking out of the sand. If you have to burn precious fuel to get there...well I wouldn't bother.

Definately won't bother, I heard the copenhagen was absolutely stupid and pointless... guess del ray is the same thing.

Thanks for the input, saved me some gas!

Capt Lynn from Splashdown divers took us over on a SI to drop on it after the last big blow as said not much to see and said other parts are in the area and some times are uncovered as the sands come in and go out, but it is worth a look!
I would do it from a kayak and snorkel it as its a swim out,
Dive safe
Brad

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom