Deepest you've ever been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havn't been deeper than 15 feet I think :)

Deepest I've been on breathhold was 70fsw.

I've found I'm real comfortable in the 55-60fsw range.

There are classes and schools as Trace mentioned. A big focus of them is getting relaxed.

A proper fitting low volume mask makes a big difference and I found the joy of the rubber weight belt. I also found the joy of neck weights.

The rubber weight belt compensates for the depth and the belt stays on your hips even in a head down descent.

I started to play with neck weights and they are pretty nice. I found I like to split the weight between my neck and waist. Helps me trim out, so to speak.

20 feet - in devil's grotto. I know you're all impressed.

I made it down to 62 FSW this past weekend, but didn't get much bottom time don there. The total dive was just over a minute. I'd like to keep improving on this a bit too.

When I was about 12 years old, we were on my famiy's boat moored on Francis Drake Channel by Leinster Bay (if I remember correctly). My dad said I couldn't get sand from the bottom...I didn't know the depth.... after 3 tries I got some sand. It was 46fsw. I havent tried it again since...

The "how deep" mentality is only a bad thing.

Only when you let it drive you. Achieving greater depth (to a point) is a natural byproduct of improving your freedive skills. In some ways, it can be used as a rough indicator of ability, although not absolute. It is only when a person lets depth become their overarching goal that it becomes a dangerous pursuit of numbers.

Even then, with the right approach and mentality, amazing depths can be achieved for those who chase that goal in relative safety by expanding their limits through practice and knowledge rather than haphazardly pushing their limits.

60 feet. Gilboa quarry Summer of 09'

Found a perfect groove. Best dive of my life (So Far)

The deepest iv gone was in a lake at 30-40 feet it was nice the water was a little cold but other than that the viz was great. ha i know most of you dont think 30 feet freediving is alot but to me at the age of 15 it was fun

25ft, I am a newb.
But then again I haven't been where I could try going deeper. I would like to hit 50 some day but it ain't a priority and I definitely won't push it if it doesn't feel right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom