Deepest go pro housing that also allows for view screen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctyhallcoolio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So what the deepest working housing out there for the gopro2 and allows video viewing on the back. Backscatter has one to 200ft, UK germany has a metal one for 330 but its hard to get in the USA. I'm planning another trip to the oriskany props next year and since the camera buttons sucked in at 220 and became unusable, it doesnt matter much if it doesnt flood... its still unuseable.

Actually mine has made it so it does not function well at all I have to turn it on before getting in water and after dive it wont turn off. maybe a dozen dives past 180 and a few at just under 180' and a few at 140'.

Not sure whats up with it but soon time will tell, good luck to you.

Have you considered replacing the button springs in the housing with something stiffer? Or maybe gluing them so they don't move at all and just starting the camera prior to entering the water? The remote control should be out later this spring which would make this a lot easier.

There is also a group in france that makes them good to 200m. They could probably outfit one with a rear view panel. Les Vidos du NPSFQQA

From what Ive seen around The UK Germany one is good for 180m/590 feet :shocked2: but its nearly double the cost of a Gopro HD2. Looks like a serious bit of kit though, not for me but for you mad deep divers :) I haven't seen one that looks any better rated deeper.

UK-PRO_back.jpgUK-PRO_front.jpg390861_10150372197351652_366347146651_8777723_351244341_n.jpg

Yea i'm thinking i may be going the UK route... buy once and done, i've killed and crushed all kinds of gear over the years. Thanks for the posts gang it let me know that's about all is out there as options.

CTY there is a spero on spearboard that is making an aluminum housing that is just as small and think he is gonna have the LCD screen also. I will have to check and see how he's doing on it, although many wanted it it looked really cool also. give me time or you can search yourself.

flareside like anything else I am not sure why I am doing soaking in warm water and testing to see if it is able to fix itself and no what maintenance should be done.

The batt will last and a 16 sd card will last If I turn on before and leave on after, one thing you have a record of any conversation after dive just a waste in down loading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom