Deep6 Excursion: How do I get the Tech Lite upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to be accepted to the beta testers group to get the firmware. It isn't an open beta, unless something's changed recently.
I meant the latest publicly available version. I kind of doubt I'd be accepted as a beta tester.

If you have an android device (or a friend with an android device you can borrow for a few minutes to upgrade the firmware) they posted it publicly today.

Key points:
- For now, you'll have to sideload the APK (you can search up how to do this, it's not hard).
- All your existing logs will get wiped out
- Your friends will be jealous of how awesome your new computer is with this firmware
- Log syncing won't work until later when support gets integrated into libdivecomputer etc - (and won't work with divestory anymore because it's a completely different log format) - dives that get logged with this should eventually be able to sync, they just won't be sync-able at the moment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom