Deep6 Excursion: How do I get the Tech Lite upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going diving in a couple of days. Can someone tell me how to get the Tech Lite firmware upgrade on my Excursion? Is it still through the Dive Story app? Is it even out?

I've got an Android phone if it matters.

Going diving in a couple of days. Can someone tell me how to get the Tech Lite firmware upgrade on my Excursion? Is it still through the Dive Story app? Is it even out?

Just wait patiently. "Some day your Prince will come...."

Just wait patiently. "Some day your Prince will come...."

May have to wait as long as Charles had to wait to sit on the throne... :p
:rofl3:

It is still in beta testing. I think it's pretty close to release though.

It is still in beta testing. I think it's pretty close to release though.

I am sure that extensive testing must be done to assure quality and to make certain that it works right. The liability is great and the solution is complex, everything has to be done right before release to the public. I wish them luck.

Building it is one thing, validation is a whole additional undertaking...

It's based on the serial # of the unit so invite only. Maybe reach out to Landon and let him know what type of diving you're doing.

It's not to be used as a dc just yet, you would just be evaluating it for them. Trying to mess it up next to another dive computer you're using for your dives.

Sadly my last 3 local trips that I would have taken it on all got blown out.. so I haven't been any help at all.

Ok. I just assumed it was out. Didn't they announce it a year ago?

Anyway, so I go through the Dive Story app to get the latest firmware?

Ok. I just assumed it was out. Didn't they announce it a year ago?

Anyway, so I go through the Dive Story app to get the latest firmware?
You have to be accepted to the beta testers group to get the firmware. It isn't an open beta, unless something's changed recently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom