Deep Stops Increases DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might owe me a keyboard. That was phunni.
Sorry sir, I should have put a "Coke" smilie :java: Ill use the coffee one in future

Thanks for the info sir. When NAUI shifted over to RGBM all those moons ago, we had to do an instructor workshop on the new tables etc. During that discussion, one of the major reasons given for the switch-over was that the RGBM model was developed in conjunction with the WKPP, to the extent that the divers were taking computers in a pocket and after every big dive the data was downloaded and Doppler was carried out to confirm the bubble loads. This was touted as the first really scientific study of actual "recreational" divers ever and one of the few ever since Haldane et al.

Since RGBM is proprietary, is it possible that the data was never published or did my CD make it up on the day? Wouldn't be the first time that happened...

That is not true to my knowledge.

Thanks cerich. Ive been doing some power Googling and can only find the following from NAUI where it states that the RGBM trimix was calibrated and verified by use of WKPP, doesn't state Doppler specifically.

http://www.archeonet.org/sub/biblio/Wienke, O'Leary. Technical RGBM.pdf

I stand corrected by Dr Doolette.
From the link "WKPP extreme exposure correlations and calibrations", sounds to me that he looked at what the WKPP was doing and then compared and tweaked RGBM to what he was getting reported as the profiles in use on the WKPP.

WKPP used decoplanner and cut tables by the makers of decoplanner.

From the link "WKPP extreme exposure correlations and calibrations", sounds to me that he looked at what the WKPP was doing and then compared and tweaked RGBM to what he was getting reported as the profiles in use on the WKPP.

WKPP used decoplanner and cut tables by the makers of decoplanner.
I do know that WKPP never planned or executed dives using RGBM, my impression was that they dove the way they dive but took along a computer for logging and were prodded and probed afterwards to build the database.

I do know that WKPP never planned or executed dives using RGBM, my impression was that they dove the way they dive but took along a computer for logging and were prodded and probed afterwards to build the database.

the database for who and with whom was it shared?

again from your link

"extreme WKPP profiles in the 300 f sw range on trimix were used to calibrate the full RGBM. WKPP profiles are the most impressive application of RGBM staging, with as much as 12 hours less decompression time for WKPP helium based diving on RGBM schedules versus Haldane schedules;"

what exactly is that saying versus what it sounds like it is saying?

RGBM is built on a database of dives as well as the mathematical model they used, I believe its the property of Dr Wienke? Im getting rapidly out of my depth, the development of RGBM is not something Im super familiar with.

:java::java::java:

Like I said, I was fed some CD-grade info many years ago and never really needed to check it out.

It also sounds from that paragraph that they are implying that the dives were carried out using RGBM planning but thats just me.

Last edited:
Didn't Mark Ellyatt get bent like a friggin' pretzel running RGBM on super deep dives back in the "aughts?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom