Deep Six (DGX) Gear - Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are solid regs and are sold by other companies under different names like Hog, etc. They come with kits to do the first rebuild and you can take a class to learn how to do just that.

do you DIY service?

If not, the Deep6 Signature regulators are a better value. You have $50 of parts kits that are included for free, and the first service is also free which is another about $50.

The rest of the price difference is accounted for in higher quality fit and finish and some nifty little things int he regulators. Spending up to the Signature is well worth it in my opinion unless you are trying to get out as cheap as possible in which case you should buy used

My son and I dove our Deep 6 regulators, for the first time, last week. They were flawless, and a pleasure to use.

We have the Signature series.

I have 4 sets of HOG Edge regs. 3 years old and going strong. Only issue is the cheap Chinese swivel I put on mine. I think I paid 300 for 1st stage, 2nd stage, and Octo through Dive Right In. 2 sets have not been dove in 2 years and I broke them out this week to demonstrate scuba in a 4 foot pool for some friends considering getting certified and they functioned just like the day I bought them.

mine breathe a little wet when looking straight up but I'm happy with the purchase and would do it again. DRIS is a great store and has great service.

Now for why I would consider Deep Six, it's run by a member of this board that knows what customer service is. @cerich by all accounts seems to be a stand up guy and wants to take care of his customers. If you are thinking about Deep 6, shoot him an email and I bet you get all of your questions and concerns answered. They also come in a dry box....I don't think anyone else does that!

Good luck with your choice,lots of options, but if I were in the market, Deep 6 would be on my list. By the way....I don't know the guy, date his sister, own stock in the company, work on his Ferrari (how Van Hagar was born), or have any other connection with Deep 6.

Deep 6 Gear Signature 1st + 2nd Only Package

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom