Deep Sea Detectives : USS San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, agreed, the conclusion left me with no further info. And how many time do they have to re-tell the story before they get to the conclusion.

I didn't understand their thinking behind "it couldn't have been a mine" as the explosion was not towards the bow. If the ship was turning, doesn't the chance exist that the stern can then come in contact with a mine?

Far_X:
I didn't understand their thinking behind "it couldn't have been a mine" as the explosion was not towards the bow. If the ship was turning, doesn't the chance exist that the stern can then come in contact with a mine?

I thought the same thing. In fact wasn't there an earlier episode where it was proposed that a ship somehow hooked the mine's chain and pulled it in causing the explosion?

Overall, I thought this was one of the better episodes though. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was the double cylinders and the drysuits. :wink:

There is a theory in which my wife and I fervently believe . . . "Movie Law".

The "Movie Law" that affects ALL programs like this is 1: A storm is rapidly approaching and is dangerous for the RUV 2: There is only one day of diving left and the discovery must be made by then 3: There will be a catastrophic equipment failure.

We accept these immutable laws and move on . . .

I thought it was pretty good, except I would have liked to hear more about the DIVING!!! How deep, temp e.t.c.
It dissapointed me to see them burn a bulb for the camera right at the point of wreck penetration, (i thought redundancy was part of wreck diving, bring an extra bulb!!) it seems kind of strange, why didn't they surface and go again??(conspiricy??!!?)
The only other thing I caught was the chick doing her first drysuit dive. Do you think she was embarassed?= Giant stride yelling,"bottoms up!!!" They didn't show her coughing up saltwater searching for her reg!!!(if you yell=no reg). Allright, i'm done picking, i'm sure someone else caught something?? By the way. I will be tuned in for the next episode..., hopefully i'll be in it!!!!!!!!!!!

chris hecker:
I thought it was pretty good, except I would have liked to hear more about the DIVING!!! How deep, temp e.t.c.
It dissapointed me to see them burn a bulb for the camera right at the point of wreck penetration, (i thought redundancy was part of wreck diving, bring an extra bulb!!) it seems kind of strange, why didn't they surface and go again??(conspiricy??!!?)
The only other thing I caught was the chick doing her first drysuit dive. Do you think she was embarassed?= Giant stride yelling,"bottoms up!!!" They didn't show her coughing up saltwater searching for her reg!!!(if you yell=no reg). Allright, i'm done picking, i'm sure someone else caught something?? By the way. I will be tuned in for the next episode..., hopefully i'll be in it!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I heard that she also had an OOA situation (not mentioned at all in the show).

i'd also like to see more of melanie in her new drysuit

I disagree, much rather see her w/o the suit.

If you want to know more Brad Sheard in his "Lost Voyages" goes into some detail on the sinking. Also Gary Gentile has a whole book on the San Diego.

DEEPLOU:
I believe I heard that she also had an OOA situation (not mentioned at all in the show).

I guess someone may be able to ask Capt. John about that on Saturday :wink:

Whos the girl and what did she do to land that job?
Im just curious and I have a thing for chicks in doubles.
- gmount

Back
Top Bottom