Deep outdoor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a thought, but it may be that they want you to SEE the octo/console/whatever... It's part of the gear they are trying to sell and if they rig it properly, it would probably be much harder to get a clear view of it.

Then again, maybe the sales department guys just don't know any better...

Ok, so can we now all agree that:
1) their marketing department needs a little work
2) just because they're a new company in the field, they might still be working on a few bugs in distribution
3) their gear "might be" as good as DiveRite (if the DR booth didn't have cheaper-priced stuff on sale.
4) etc etc etc

A dumb ad does not necesarily indicate quality of product, nor does a blonde-model down in the Caymans dangling her gear for everyone to comment-on indicate anything about the manufacturer (may say a lot about her photographer, though). We're all going to go for the $$ sometimes, even though we want the best. And, hey, even GM (or Xerox, or Microsof... nope, bad example there) had to start somewhere with a sales & marketing campaign.

Can we now get back to the original question... has anyone else dove DeepOutdoors stuff, and did they like it?

My local LDS carries them and I have been really impressed with the quality of the BC. My dive buddy and I liked them so much that we have ordered 2 Matrix harnesses with the 85lb. bladder and a couple of the accessory bags.

The Matrix comes with a stainless steel back plate and ditchable weights.

We're expecting to get them sometime after Christmas and will certainly post our first impressions and dive experiences with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom