Deep Dixie Memorial Day Dive Trip Final Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Howard, they require a 3 week notice, so you might want to go ahead and cancel that group reservation.

Cancellations received and acknowledged at least three weeks prior to arrival qualify for full refund of deposit.

Man this all SUCKS. I was looking forward to pictures and stories from this trip.
Brandy, Sorry to hear about your equipment growing legs. I could not imagine what I would even do in your situation. Like Mike said, If we can help,just ask. We SB'ers have to stick together.

Maybe the next super duper dive trip can include me. I was very jealous of all going on this trip. The Speigle is on my to do list someday.

Why don't we look/plan a trip over a weekend to dive Ginnie springs. I have heard good things about it. It would be cost effective. No boats,only a couple of nights in a hotel. Faily short drive. 7 hours for me,less for the people near or in the panhandle. Think about it.

Ginnie Springs is fun, there is a Megadive there in the Spring and Fall, just plan to join the already rowdy SB group that meets over there bi-annually. I've always had a great time at the Megadives.

I am sorry this trip didn't work out for us. Our group was going to make a flying trip down there driving all day Friday and Monday and only diving Saturday and Sunday. It would have been a lot of driving and alot of expense with gas, condo, etc. Since all of us had made plans to dive that weekend, maybe we could figure out something else to do close by that wouldn't require all that driving and expense. I still want to dive that weekend. Is anyone else interested in making a weekend of diving out of it locally around the panhandle, boats, shore or springs?

If any of you head to Destin that weekend and want to dive there on Friday or before, I might be up for that. (will be in Destin until that Saturday, leaving saturday morning).

Thanks Mike.

I have adjusted my plans. I'll start off the weekend with an overnight stay in the Venice beach area followed by Friday morning dives to look for teeth. My son and I plan on working our way up the west coast of FL and arrive in Orange Beach around Sunday to dive the Whiskey Wreck. Have not done all the detail planning since I have not looked at the tide charts. Our plans will include a mix of salt and fesh water dives. We will probably depart gulf shores by noon on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom