Deep 6 wing questions and an issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those extra triglides need to go on the web in where it threads through the backplate on the tank side.

Would you mind showing some pictures of your BP/W now that you have it setup? What did you end up doing for the inflator hose?

So initially I was going off of memory on BP/W setup and this video:
which seems to show things rigged up much tighter and that was creating problems for me. Thank you to everyone for the links above. I made some adjustments based on those and the suggestion for routing only the LPI hose in the bungee to give better range of motion. I shifted all that around then had a video chat with @LandonL where he looked at the fit. I shifted my shoulder D rings slightly down at his suggestion because with the additional play in the shoulder straps when in trim in the water the plate will basically rest on my back and the D rings will be slightly lower and thus be in the correct position to allow my lights to be tucked up and under my arms.

So I have the strap loose enough to place a fist under each strap at the same time.
IMG_8957.JPG

While holding a fist under one strap I can reach back with the other hand and touch the top inch or so of the backplate.
IMG_8960.JPG

I ran the LPI hose only through the bungee that is loped into the triglide with the D ring
IMG_8958.JPG

This allows me to lift the inflator/deflator straight up without creating and S curve in it. Thanks for that suggestion @Zef

IMG_8959.JPG

Last I was using the provided nylon sleeves at the top and bottom slots that the webbing feeds through. I left the top ones as they are static and wont move because of the center bolt. I was having issues with the webbing sliding in the sleeve after doning and doffing resulting in different should strap lengths. So I ditched them and used a triglide a the back of the plate and now they are fixed and wont move. It is possible, at the right angle, to have that whole contraption slide through the lower slot so I will dive and see if that happens with me. If it does I will move to the larger plastic triglide.
IMG_8961.JPG

You should practice and become accustomed to venting your wing primarily through the lower dump valve and reserve dumping from the corrugated hose for when you are making your initial descent and for when you are making your final approach to the surface. There is knack to using the lower dump valve but once you start using it you will probably find it is very intuitive to use.

For your shoulder D-rings, I would suggest mounting a tank on your rig and checking where they end up and making some semi-final adjustments to them...then jump in a pool or other body of water with the tank mounted and check if the d-ring placement is still good.

I test the position of my d-rings and my kids d-rings by having the diver stand with arms outstreched to the side so the body is making a cross. Make fists with your hands with your thumbs pointed straight ahead. Then close your eyes and bend your elbows until your thumbs hit your shoulders/chest without moving your upper arms....your thumbs should land roughly in the center of the d-rings.....do this with a tank mounted....adjust the d-rings as necessary.

Good luck and happy diving.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom