Deep 6 Signature Regulator problem after 2 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the imperfection on the side doesn't matter, all the HP seats have that. Can you take a picture of the face of the seat?

@LandonL ,your presence is requested.
Hopefully, one that is in focus?

More challenging than expected. The face seems smooth but the metal portion is not centered in the plastic. It is definitely off center as you can see from some of the pictures. I guess I'll never be a professional photographer.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 233
More challenging than expected. The face seems smooth but the metal portion is not centered in the plastic. It is definitely off center as you can see from some of the pictures. I guess I'll never be a professional photographer.
Good pix! Very helpful. Looks like the HP seat plunger was not centered on the orifice. Strange.

What is this dark area in the circle? It appears to be right on the sealing surface of the HP seat, unless it's just a shadow although it kind of looked like it was in multiple pictures.

I do not believe the sealing surface off center to be of any relevance.

Attachments

• 20200416_235639.jpg
    20200416_235639.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 209
Interesting. I don't see anything that stands out to me, but I am also a super new to being a regulator technician.

Doubt that you’re doing that drysuit class any time soon anyway...

HP seat from my service kit...

DSC07365_2k.JPG
DSC07371_2k.JPG
DSC07366_2k.JPG
DSC07367_2k.JPG
DSC07368_2k.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom