Deep 6 or MK19 Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I get the MK19 with a C370? SP site only has the MK11/C370. Will my lds let me combine them or buy online?
Yes, you have to buy them separately. I had to do that as the Mk19e was only available with the G260 or the D420, and I wanted S560s (as I had standardized on S600 compatible seconds).

Anyways performance wise they are near identical. TBH most balanced regs that aren't Apeks or Poseidon breath within pretty similarly, with only small differences that you can only notice if you are really paying attention. Even between the vaunted Mk25 (of which I own 5) and other balanced regs.

Really the only difference is service related. Scubapros are harder to service yourself with both the kits and manuals locked behind limited distribution agreements in the US. But there are shops to service them nearly everywhere, so if you need something serviced today you have a greater chance of that happening with SP. OTOH Deep 6 provides kits, manuals, and even training very regularly. But has a very limited local service network.

I was cave diving in Marianna, FL, when Chris Richardson loaned me some Deep 6 gear to demo. My ex-girlfriend, a cave instructor, was nearby talking to one of Edd Sorenson's cave instructor candidates. He was trying to sort out a regulator issue with a ScubaPro. My ex asked him, "Are you an authorized ScubaPro service technician?" when he asked her if she happened to have a repair tool handy. Meanwhile, Deep 6 could have been repaired by the diver even if the president of the company wasn't standing five feet away.

Chris is a great guy. I'd support someone who has participated in these forums and is actually diving at sites and standing behind his products - like actually physically standing there behind his products.

My ex asked him, "Are you an authorized ScubaPro service technician?" when he asked her if she happened to have a repair tool handy. Meanwhile, Deep 6 could have been repaired by the diver even if the president of the company wasn't standing five feet away.

She could not loan him the tool? There is no federal or state laws that precludes servicing a Scubapro regulator yourself or any other. Just to be clear, a person can service their own regulators if they have the tools, parts, manuals and knowledge. Well, I suppose they could also (attempt to) service them without those four things but mostly would not like the results. Loaning a tool is not committing a crime punishable by law like removing of a mattress tag or something :wink:.

She could not loan him the tool? There is no federal or state laws that precludes servicing a Scubapro regulator yourself or any other. Just to be clear, a person can service their own regulators if they have the tools, parts, manuals and knowledge. Well, I suppose they could also (attempt to) service them without those four things but mostly would not like the results. Loaning a tool is not committing a crime punishable by law like removing of a mattress tag or something :wink:.

I see you met my ex.

Loaning a tool is not committing a crime punishable by law
I had to buy a special scubapro tool yesterday, lent it to someone on the never never plan I will call it, never to be seen again, never to be returned.
A crime? I can only believe in karma.
Deleted the rest of the post, too rude, and I am now 'over it' .:acclaim:
A simple tool but a good one "Splined Wrench for Scubapro".

I had to buy a special scubapro tool yesterday, lent it to someone on the never never plan I will call it, never to be seen again, never to be returned.
The splined wrench is available on other multitools also, for example the Pandora Labs tool and its Chinese copies on AliExpress.

The splined wrench is available on other multitools also, for example the Pandora Labs tool and its Chinese copies on AliExpress.

Can also get anyone with a 3D printer to push out a few tools for next to nothing.

But I much prefer Deep 6 in every way. @NaCl H2O the 1st rebuild is included with the purchase, and if you already have a set then sticking with that makes the most sense.

No issues at all with Deep 6.
This is Buddahsummer's fault! LOL
And somebody has put the double hose bug in me to....

I'm no regulator connoisseur just curious if the grass is greener on SP side.
Am okay with buying used as well.
But that does bring up another question. Find a good local tech or ship to one on this board?

It's not greener. Just a different type of grass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom