Deep 6 Eddy Fin - Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The “L” size has no flex to speak of.

Well... The Dive Rite XT fins feel quite a bit stiffer, to me. I guess that might be because they are longer, but the "feel" is that the Deep6 has more flex anyway.

My preference on the Deep6 is definitely NOT that they have any MORE flex, that is for sure.

I just want some that are identical, but more negative, so I can ditch my Hollis fins (which are great, but I like the feel of the Deep6 better).

One thing to note is the s/m eddy are made of a softer more flexible material while the l/xl are made of a stiffer material.

Just want to chalk another positive vote up for the Deep6 Eddy Fins... I LOVE MINE!!

Ugh, I am about to order a set and I am right on the cusp of large vs XL. I even talked to them on the phone and I am still on the fence. I wear a 10 shoe but I am looking to use these with rock boots. I am thinking XL is the way to go?

Ugh, I am about to order a set and I am right on the cusp of large vs XL. I even talked to them on the phone and I am still on the fence. I wear a 10 shoe but I am looking to use these with rock boots. I am thinking XL is the way to go?

I bought the Deep6 thick boots, size 10, and the XL fins. Definitely not the way to go. my fin came off when I dropped into the water from boat. I have taken the spring in one side to make them tighter, but have yet to test in another boat dive. I will test this out in June on my next vacation. I think, stick with size L.

I too was on the fence over sizing. I'm using a size 10 (hard sole) Mares Trilastic 5mm boot.

I bought both the L and XL to see which fit better. L was way too tight and kept my heel further out than I like. The XL seemed way too big as there is a gap on either side of the heel that had me concerned about side to side play.
Turned out to be a non issue in the water and just makes it very easier to put on and remove. I did adjust the spring in one setting on one side of each fin. Perfect tension for me.

They just did 9 flights and 2 liveaboards in Komodo and Similans. Performed perfectly.

Absolutely love my orange XL Eddy's.....

Purchased my Deep 6 XL yesterday. Will be trying them out in the pool.

I too was on the fence over sizing. I'm using a size 10 (hard sole) Mares Trilastic 5mm boot.

I bought both the L and XL to see what fit better. L was way too tight and kept my heel to further out than I like. The XL seemed way too big as there is a gap on either side of the heel that had me concerned about side to side play.
Turned out to be a non issue in the water and just makes it very easier to put on and remove. I did adjust the spring in one setting on one side of each fin. Perfect tension for me.

They just did 9 flights and 2 liveaboards in Komodo and Similans. Performed perfectly.

Absolutely love my orange XL Eddy's.....

I wear a US 10 shoe as well, and with a 5 mm boot, the L gave me blisters on my instep in the course of a week of 4-dive days (and despite lycra socks). I suppose I could try XL and sell the L pair. But for the blisters, I really like the Eddys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom