Dee, now you have done it. C5050 owners ? for you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie question for Reye,

What's the function of the small torch attached to the housing in the pic sent by Yuzo? I guess its not strong enough to light up the objects? My experience with the light from the torch causes the objects to be reddish.

Any idea what I could use to diffuse the internal flash e.g. pasting a piece of plastic or somtin to cut down the intensity of the internal flash?

Thanks in advance!

Gno

The light is a spotting or focusing light. It helps your camera see the subject in the dark and to focus on it. You could also use it as a dimmer primary light so as not to scare the fish.

If you line the reflector cup with some krinkled aluminum foil, it will diffuse the light, eliminating a hot spot.

Gno once bubbled...
Newbie question for Reye,

What's the function of the small torch attached to the housing in the pic sent by Yuzo? I guess its not strong enough to light up the objects? My experience with the light from the torch causes the objects to be reddish.

Gno

The little modeling light is really useful especially for macro to increase the contrast of the subject so the camera will have easier time focusing.
Personally I like the modeling light that is right on top of the strobe or in case of the Inon/Ikelite strobe, built in, so you also know that the strobe is aiming in the right direction.

Any idea what I could use to diffuse the internal flash e.g. pasting a piece of plastic or somtin to cut down the intensity of the internal flash?
What camera and housing do you have? Usually the housing will have a diffuser panel on it that should do the job.

Reye,

Unfortunately for me, when i bought the casing, it came without the difuser panel which the new models now have!!!:upset:

BTW, I'm using the Canon S30 setup!

Thanks

Gno

In a WP-DC300?

Try a piece of translucent plastic like the ones on a those cheap white plastic CD holders or a piece from the white plastic diffusers they use for fluorescent light fittings.

I've even used milk jug plastic for strobe diffusers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom