Decompression Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there much opportunity or need for deco diving in California? I read very few posts about divers doing deco work in California.

I have done dozens of deco dives but never gotten around to certification. I am thinking of getting certified by a local instructor before I move back to CA but I won't bother if I will have no need to use it.

There are many opportunities for deco diving here. There are also many beautiful dives that can be done "without deco" (yea yea, I know "every dive is a deco dive"), so I certainly wouldn't say there is a "need" for deco diving. The vast majority of divers around here aren't doing deco dives.

I have some dive reports for deco dives on my blog (Cold Water Kitty), as well as many dive reports for "non-deco" dives. There are also many dive reports on the website for Bay Area Underwater Explorers (BAUE Home Page). I like some of the deeper sites because you just see different stuff in different depth ranges. But for all of the cool things I see on "deco dives", I have seen plenty of amazing things on < 60 foot dives at Point Lobos (or even Breakwater).

Of course, if you are going to do deco diving, I encourage you to get some instruction.

Is there much opportunity or need for deco diving in California? I read very few posts about divers doing deco work in California.

I have done dozens of deco dives but never gotten around to certification. I am thinking of getting certified by a local instructor before I move back to CA but I won't bother if I will have no need to use it.

God I hate work... Being outta work was nice... Could dive when and where I wanted too..... Now that I am working and to tired on the weekends to do anything I have yet to dive in the last month or so :(

After having completed my Tech classes, I have yet to go to Pt. Lobos and do any tech diving either :(

Maybe I should head try to get reservations one day and loiter around and see if I can tag along with anyone...

We do a lot of Deco dives up here. Not many fish but some really neat formations to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom