Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50 once bubbled...
I think when Weinke's RBGM comes out, it is going to be a no frills type program. I think I heard a price in the range of 100-145 dollars. Not sure if this is still true.

Eric

Let's hope the price doesn't go sky high. I'll pay 150 but not 300.

WW

WW,
Seriously. If the price is going to go really high. I think we have covered to cost for the source code several times over.

Eric

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I simply HATE the interface. Its not so much the results I distrust as much as it is my ability to be certain I used the program correctly. Its the most unintuitive software I've ever used to my mind.

I agree, Deco planner could also be improved. I much prefer V-Planner or decoweenie (Palm)

WW

The big thing about GAP is understanding and configuring the templates. I also had a rough time understanding the thing until I finally got the templates. Once you have those understood, you can setup multiple dive parameters and play what-ifs between them.

I have "mplan" on my Palm, which appears to be very similiar to V-Planner. Have a demo of dw but it won't do anything, and I'm not paying $75 for the thing if the demo won't even work.
What desktop program would you compare dw to?

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
Have a demo of dw but it won't do anything, and I'm not paying $75 for the thing if the demo won't even work.
What desktop program would you compare dw to?

MD

No, the DW demo really doesn't allow you to do anything, its kinda dumb. I can't really compare it to any desktop proggie, its much different than any I've used.

WW

ericfine50 once bubbled...
WW,
Check out J-Plan for the palm. It is on yahoogroups. It is free and is similar to Ddplan

Eric

I've heard of it. I have DW and D-Plan now, no real need for another.

WW

has anybody heard of ANDI Dive planner? Or even used it?
I am ANDI certified and I only saw the ANDI output... it is nice. I am not sure thought what algorithm.. probably bulhman, since we learned those tables...
But the price is high... $225 at the andi site.

any experience?
sasha

World record holders, world's best technical and decompression divers = Decoplan

That's all I need to know

It is very user friendly if you read the manual and understand decompression. There are of course good ones out there, but I like the fact that decoplan has been developed by the leaders in decompression diving, they have pushed over what all thought were the limits and proved it worked.

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
World record holders, world's best technical and decompression divers = Decoplan

It is very user friendly if you read the manual and understand decompression. There are of course good ones out there, but I like the fact that decoplan has been developed by the leaders in decompression diving, they have pushed over what all thought were the limits and proved it worked.

Dude: Decoplanner is good as far as Buhlmann's basic tenants go and Eric did stellar work modifying that algorithm, but that work is dated. Sure the tables it kicks out are still valid but get a grip. Decompression diving is a moving target and it's moved on... Take a look around.

And who on earth told you that the big pushes in Wakulla were done using schedules from Decoplanner?? :wacko: Or are you referring to some other world record holders...

Doppler

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...

Can you tell us exactly which world records were set using Decoplan? You do realize that it is only intended as a learning tool, not for planning actual dives, right?

-Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom