Deco penalties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lamont:
i used to managed 30,000 linux boxes. don't lecture me on the uses of computers.

the big problem is the user interface. the other problem is that i want the capability to tweak and tune the deco algorithm, and i want a computer which does not arbitrarily penalize me for anything (the thing which really annoyed me about the Suunto was the entirely arbitrary punishment factors it threw in for doing reverse profiles).

I was not *lecturing* anybody, and managing computer hardware has nothing to do with dive computers?

Sounds like Suunto is a poor choice in hardware for Deco diving unless in Gauge mode?

I don't do deco diving, so I'm not very familiar with what computers are best suited to those needs.

Azza:
Ahh but if it's suunto you will lose your warranty:D

Are you sure about that? Here is what Suunto has to say....

WHAT CAN I DO MYSELF TO MY SUUNTO OUTDOOR WRISTOP COMPUTER?

NOTE! It is advisable to contact an authorized Suunto service, distributor or retailer for any needed repairs.

Batteries and straps can be replaced by user when the change is made in a proper manner to avoid any leakage of water into the battery compartment or computer. Also original battery replacement and strap kits must be used. Batteries can be changed by user to all outdoor wristop computers except 9-series Instructions for changing batteries and straps can be found from the product manuals

further more.

Do I void the warranty by changing the battery myself?

Question

Do I void the warranty by changing the battery myself?

Answer
Suunto wristop computers feature a user-replaceable battery. You do not void the warranty by changing the battery yourself.

1. When changing the battery, please only use a nickel /5 cent coin. Insert the coin into the slot of the back battery cover and turn counter-clockwise so that it is aligned with the “open” position marker.

2. If the cover doesn't pop out use your fingernail or a thin tool (not a knife) and insert it in between the space where the cover and the watch casing meet. With a bit of pressure, pop the cover off. This will not damage your watch, just be sure to replace the o-ring around the cover.

3. Take out the old battery and insert your new battery with the (+) side facing up.

4. When replacing your back cover, please make sure the rubber o-ring is in place around the cover. If your o-ring is stretched out or thinned down or the battery cover slot is stripped, battery kits are available with include a new battery, cover, and o-ring.

Important Note: On the Observer and 6-series model watches, you will notice a little metal “hook” inside the battery compartment. Your new battery needs to be placed underneath this metal hook in order for your watch to function.

Battery Kits, Wristbands, and accessories are available at local outdoor specialty retailers that carry Suunto’s product line or through online retailers. You can search for these stores under “Where to Buy” on Suunto’s website, www.suunto.com

· Battery Type CR 2430: Vector, Xlander, Advizor, Metron, Altimax, Regatta, Yachtsman, Mariner

· Battery Type CR 2032: Observer, 6 Series, X3, D3, Mosquito and Transmitters

· Battery Type CR 2450: E203

TSandM:
And it was furious when I took it out of the water, and refused to talk to me for two days.

And I don't suppose you would be too happy if you had to be out of the water for two days either. :D

Rec Diver:
Deco was planned. Deco time was based on Navy air tables. Computer was used for deco count down. Yes, I did have a plan for lost deco gas. Deco was performed using 40% oxygen. Deco time could have been shorted by utilizing accelerated dive tables. However, I decided that using air tables and 40 % oxygen for the deco stops would make the difference for my age. Between dives there was a two hour surface interval. I wear two 100 cubic foot tanks, mix was 28% oxygen, and deco gas is a 40 foot cubic foot tank with 40% oxygen. I have been trained, IANTD, to perform these types of dives.
JeffG:
But he is trained by IANTD to do these dives...so there.
Just for the record (not to critique your methoid of diving, Rec Diver, to each his own), I just finished IANTD's Adv. Rec Trimix, and am currently in Full Trimix, and this is not any kind of diving I'm being taught. 28% bottom mix and 40 % deco using navy air tabes... Nope, can't recall that lesson.

Our bottom mixes are 21/35, 18/45, and 15/55. Deco gasses are 35/25, 50 and O2.

I've never had an obligation I didn't plan. My longest planned was last Saturday, 49 mins.

shellbackdiver1:
Are you sure about that? Here is what Suunto has to say....

WHAT CAN I DO MYSELF TO MY SUUNTO OUTDOOR WRISTOP COMPUTER?

NOTE! It is advisable to contact an authorized Suunto service, distributor or retailer for any needed repairs.

Batteries and straps can be replaced by user when the change is made in a proper manner to avoid any leakage of water into the battery compartment or computer. Also original battery replacement and strap kits must be used. Batteries can be changed by user to all outdoor wristop computers except 9-series Instructions for changing batteries and straps can be found from the product manuals
Well by crikey I stand corrected!:D
I have vague memories of my old cobra and vyper and being told thast they needed battery changes by an authorized Technician (Not that I would have listened anyway:wink: )
Beside I was just being silly.

lamont:
i used to managed 30,000 linux boxes. don't lecture me on the uses of computers.

What the HE** were you doing with 30,000 Linux boxes?

TSandM:
Rec Diver, I wasn't criticizing you. It was pretty clear from your post that these were planned decompression dives.

I did not think that you were being critical. I tried to answer your question with as few words as possible. I apologise for being blunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom